Note: Unfortunately, the Sifter service and website has been decommissioned as of September 30, 2018. Thanks to our 6,970 users who created 16,128 free estimates from the complete, undeleted history of Twitter between 1/14/2014 and 9/29/2018. Please contact Twitter for approval of future academic or commercial use cases. If you can get an approved use case from Twitter, we can still help you work with the data inside DiscoverText. @DiscoverText remains open and is still the top-ranked text analysis platform on the Internet. All paid jobs prior to the decommissioning will still be honored. ========================================================================== This page has information about using Sifter to license data from the complete, undeleted history of Twitter. Many first time Sifter users assume they are buying direct access to the data. In fact, Sifter is a tool that allows you to license the data for analysis on DiscoverText in compliance with the Twitter Terms of Service. After a Sifter user accepts an estimate, we send a PayPal invoice so you can complete the license transaction using a credit card. Once the transaction is complete, we start the download from Twitter to your DiscoverText account.
- Can Sifter handle Chinese search terms?
- How do I use Gnip PowerTrack filters in Sifter?
- How long until Sifter data is in my DiscoverText account?
- What are the payment options for Sifter?
- Does the "contains:" operator pick up on hashtags?
- Could our group be billed on one account?
- Can I collaborate on Sifter data with other users?
- Top Sifter Filter Mistakes