Some users have very simple dataset coding requirements, with only a few options such as Positive / Negative, or Yes / No / Maybe. However, you can create a complex hierarchical dataset code structure to meet your unique requirements.
- From your Archive Details page, click Create Dataset From Archive. Then enter your new dataset name and click OK.
- On the Create Dataset page, click the checkbox to use (enable) hierarchical coding. Then click on Create Dataset.
- The next page allows you to create the parent/child code relationships. You have two options to define the hierarchy:
1. Use the GUI interface. The screenshot below demonstrates the process of creating a hierarchical structure in the form:
2. Upload an XML file. The codeset is a plain-text XML file that contains the code definition hierarchy. Each code can have a keybinding associated with it as well as an attribute that tells if it is selectable or not. Codes can have multiple layers of child codes underneath.
- Click on view code set file structure for more information and to see a sample XML file.