How to create a Defined Search to create a reusable multi-term search that isolates certain types of documents in a data set.
1. On the Navigation Sidebar, in the Tools section, click the Defined Search option.
2. Select Create a Defined Search.
3. Create a name for this list and select the Create button.
4. On the View/Edit Defined Search page, there are three options:
- OPTION 1: Upload a term file. Upload file should be a plain-text file, one term per line.
- OPTION 2: Search for any of these terms: ("OR")
- OPTION 3: Search must include all of these terms: ("AND")
5. Create the list of search terms by entering the terms directly into the appropriate field (Options 2-3) or attach a .txt file of terms (Option 1).
Any and all Options may be used simultaneously.