An annotation is an explanatory note that is added to an item, archive, bucket, or dataset. Annotations are often used to call attention to a particularly noteworthy item or a subset of the text in an item.
- On the Navigation Sidebar, select the project from the Project list.
- Do one of the following:
Option Steps To add an annotation to an item in the item view
- On the Navigation Sidebar, in the Documents section, click the archive, bucket, or dataset that contains the item.
- Click the heading of the item on the Search and Browse Dataset page.
- Optional: Select the text that triggered the annotation.
This text will appear in the Trigger Text field of the annotation.
- Click the Add/View Annotations button.
To add an annotation to one or more items in the list view
- On the Navigation Sidebar, in the Documents section, click the archive, bucket, or dataset that contains the items.
- Search for or navigate to the items.
- To the left of the item(s) select the check box for one or more items, and then click the Add Annotation button.
To add an annotation to an archive, bucket, or dataset
- Open the archive, bucket, or dataset.
- At the top-right of the details page, click the View or Write Annotations button.
- Click Create new annotation.
- From the View or Write Annotations visibility list, select the users who can see this annotation.
- In the Annotation field, type the note.
- Click save annotation or save and close.
In the item view, items with an annotation are indicated by a number.