Code multiple items in the list view.
In the list, uncoded items are labeled "codable".
- On the Navigation Sidebar, in the Documents section, click the dataset that you want to code.
- In the list, select the check box for one or more items.
- Click the Code list items button.
- In the Code Items by List dialog, do one of the following:
- Click a code.
- If the option is enabled, click multiple codes.
- Press the keyboard shortcut.
- If option is enabled, type a user-defined code in the blank field. (Keyboard shortcuts are disabled.)
- If the verfication step is turned on, click Yes, Confirm in the Validate Coding Choices dialog.
- Optional: Recode a previously coded item.
- In the list, select the check box for one or more coded items.
- In the dialog, click Yes, Recode.
Note: To see which codes are assigned to an item, click Coded in the list view.