You can easily capture live Twitter feeds from the public API.
- Create a project or open an existing one from the Project list in the Navigation Sidebar.
- In the Project Options section, click Import Data.
- In the Twitter section, if you are not signed in to Twitter, click Sign in with Twitter and use a valid set of credentials; otherwise, click Search API.
- Create an archive or select an existing archive, and then click Continue.
- In the Feed name or search term field, type the feed name or search query, and then click Next.
Tip: For information on refining your Twitter Public API query, review the Twitter PowerTrack operators documentation.
- Create a one-time fetch or feed schedule.
- To create a one-time fetch, select the Only fetch once (do not create a schedule) check box.
- Create a feed schedule including the maximum number of fetches and the frequency of the feed update.
- Optional: To further refine the schedule, click Additional Options, and then select the desired options.
- Click Continue.
- A Tweet about it! page will appear where you can help us spread the word about DiscoverText. You can opt-out by unchecking the checkbox.
- To start the process, click Import Feed.
Data starts flowing in immediately, and each subsequent fetch only pulls new data. The total amount of data retrieved per fetch is controlled by Twitter.
On the Archive Management page, click the archive name to see the Archive Details page, or click the number of units to review the data in the list or item view.